Karla Bartlett, R.N.
B.S.N. – University of Nebraska Medical Center
M.A.C. – Doane College
Welcome to the Student Health Service Web Page.
On this page I will post important information as needed for school health. This information will be updated as necessary to keep current with the school year.
I am available Monday- Friday to assist your student with his/her health needs. Please feel free to call me at the Middle School at 563-7060 ext. 3042 with any questions you may have.
Preventing The Flu: Good Health Habits Can Help Stop Germs
- The singe best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Cough in your sleeve.
- Wash your hands often. If soap and water are not available use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth, this spreads germs.
- Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
Medication Administration at School
If your student requires medication during the school day please fill out the following form and bring it in with the medication. Please note that all medication must be in its original container. We must have a signed consent form to administer medication during the school day. English Spanish
Sports physicals are required for students who wish to participate in sports at the 7th and 8th grade levels.
Click to download the physical form as a PDF that is to be filled out by your physician.